Partner, A.T. Kearney
Teresa Epperson is a partner with A.T. Kearney in the Financial Institutions Practice. She has extensive industry and consulting experience with major financial services. Teresa focuses on retail business lines, including consumer lending, credit and debit cards, and consumer investments. She is based in A.T. Kearney’s New York office.
Notable client engagements include:
- Research in consumer trust, mobile, and retirement focusing on understanding cross-channel consumer purchase pathway and engagement behaviors, optimizing value propositions by segment, and improving customer acquisition and retention
- Transformation efforts for a regional bank’s core retail business and a refocus on acquisition through segment-specific, cross-channel strategies
- Overhaul of a retail deposit product line for a large bank, migrating more than 20 grandfathered products into a streamlined set
- Reengineering of the consumer lending process for a large national bank, with an end-to-end redesign focused on the customer experience
- Customer-centric business transformation for a retail organization, including a customer listening network, new incentive plans, an issue resolution system, and ongoing management and tracking
As an expert in retail financial services innovation and growth, Teresa has been widely quoted in notable publications such as American Banker, The New York Times, Bank Investment Consultant, and BAI Banking Strategies.
Before joining A.T. Kearney, Teresa worked at FleetBoston Financial, Fidelity Investments, Gemini Consulting, and IBM’s Mainspring. She also co-founded Mercatus, a boutique retail financial services strategy consulting firm. Teresa earned a bachelor’s degree in biology and biochemistry from Cornell University and an MBA from the University of Virginia’s Darden School of Business Administration. She has been a customer segmentation instructor at the CBA’s graduate school and is a member of the Darden School’s Diversity Advisory Council.